Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sushmita Sen talks of sex, men, marriage relationships and a wide range of subjects



By M. Ismeth

Wild is not the word you would associate with Sushmita Sen today. Untamed she was, when she tamed international fame and time itself as an 18 year old. Today the woman (now 34) is equally passionate, but like expected, very much in control.

She is raw still, yet refined. This aggressor in her is still prowling, but so obvious is her tenderness too. She wears her vulnerability with aplomb and makes it like a virtue, while her confidence and self assurance can be intimidating, even off putting. There's an exciting foreplay of contrasts , and as eroticism lies in not revealing the layers of mystery.

Sush in her mild form is hot enough, but she can only get hotter.

Sushmita Sen in a wild encounter with Shashank Samant talks of sex, men, marriage relationships and a wide range of subjects.

She says "today if you take a poll asking men if they want to be with women who are 30 and virgin , they will run away."  Is sex over -rated  in India.? "There was a time when it definitely was, not anymore. It was something you did not talk about, and from the face of it, people from good families probably never did it. But today, media primarily focuses its attention on sex, so much that its inevitable that it would become a part of the social structure. It is not like it did not exist before, we are the land of Kama sutra. Today, people are more comfortable talking about it."

Asked do we have different standards for men and women in our society when it comes to sex? 
" I don't think we have different standards for sex. Sex is universal. Neither one of them is going to enjoy it without some input from the other. Sex is another expression for a human being. As far as sexual awareness is concerned, its equal if not more on a female.

Having a baby for example. I look at sex as a very biased thing. I don't think its something you should be ashamed of or having discussion on.

However, like everything good thing in life, there are some things which are part of yourself, that you do not discuss in public. Which most men and women don't.

 On what she wears, Sush says, "I am 30 and enjoying every bit of it.I have not changed a thing that I don't like wearing and the only reason I don't wear it is because I do not like it on myself. I reveal when I feel like it. Today I do, tomorrow, I might not. Its about freedom of choice, not age."

"All power to people who understand that ultimately, clothes are going on your body. If you are  comfortable with it, wear it. I cannot judge about the way people dress. What disturbs me however, after you have worn it, you are constantly talking, pulling, figuring yourself out. That's disturbing" she says.
Being an actress, and with its professional hazards does it make you vulnerable and susceptible to character judgements from people?

"They always are pre-requisites for an actress. You are going to be vulnerable to judgements of a far greater variety than a hero does. We actresses get to face the music.

But I have not done things to provoke people, to impress them, to be nice or to sound like a rebel. Sometimes it does not agree with people, sometimes they say "Ah an icon is born". I will always be susceptible to both.The faster I acknowledge the better it is for me. Society lays out rules."

"I respect them. Just don't ask me to follow them blindly. I don't have time to change the social structure. I will lead my life .If that means I will have to be alone, I am happy being alone." Sush is now 34.

Find out more interesting photos & videos of Sushmita Sen at below links:

No comments:

Post a Comment