Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sonal Chauhaan talking about media speculation



By M.Ismeth


She's on cloud nine and flies high after her first release. Understandably so, because "Jannat" was a box office hit. It is also the first time she worked with the Bhatts

Her interview Rahul Nanda was also her first. That's a lot for the wannashine.
She hails from a conservative Rajput family and is the daughter of a Police Inspector from Uttar Pradesh. Since no one in her family was connected to the glamour world, she did not tell her parents about the offers for print and ads that started coming her way when she was still in school.

Her mother reluctantly agreed, warning her not to let ideas of a glamorous career enter her head. But fate decreed of course. Sonal smiles at the memories . "I would tell my parents how eager I was to join the movies. But they were adamant, I could'nt do them for a living. So I saw them down and got up only once they agreed. I am sure they never dreamt I would get this far."

Her debut film "Jannat" (The first of her three film deal with Vishesh films). Is one of the three hits todate. The Bhatts, the producers of the film, are ecstatic . They wanted to cast her in " Awarapan" and "Showbiz" earlier but she refused and she is glad that she made the choice then. Both the movies tanked at the box office.  
    
Post "Jannat" more people have been talking about Emraan Hashmi (her co-star in the film) than Sonal Chauhan. She begs to differ. "It's not as if people are not talking about me at all. I have got really good feedback. People constantly come up to me and tell me how much they liked me in the film. Since that was my first film, any positive feedback is great."

Apart from being in the news fro "Jannat", she  also hit the headlines for her alleged affair with Sahil Zaroo of the Rahul Mahajan drug fiasco fame. It is even reported that he manhandled her at the Mumbai airport, after she ignored him. After a long pause her voice dips as she says , "It was an unfortunate incident. But it could have happened to anyone. I don't want to give it any more importance by talking about it. Its been blown out of proportion already', she added.

To lighten the mood she was asked for her take on skin show and item numbers in the movies. She parries, " I have always maintained that a film can't be sold on the basis of a hot scene in the film. I wear short-skirts and shorts in real life and am very comfortable in them. If my character was supposed to be sleazy , I would play in that way. I am an actor, I should be versatile."

There's nothing she doesn't like about the film industry. "I think  speculation in the media is justified. When someone enters this profession, they are fully aware of things that come with the territory. As actors, we want attention. Any actor who says he does not like attention is lying", she says.
Finally she gets curious about the Filmfare Awards. She wants to know if she has to register for them. "Do you think I have a chance in the next Filmfare Awards?    She asks. "Only time will tell." 

Find out more interesting photos & videos of Sonal Chauhaan at below links:

No comments:

Post a Comment