Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shreya Saran says " I am never satisfied "

By M.Ismeth

Shreya charms you  with her natural bonhomie. The girl is full of joie de vivre that its infectious. Perhaps the stupendous success of the film Sivaji has got a lot to do with it, says  Purnima Lamchhane in conversation with her.

Tell her that and the elfin siren exults, "Yes, it feels so great. The film has earned me a lot of respect. It feels so good to get this appreciation." And a small taste of that frenzied appreciation came her way on the day of the premiere. "That was the first time my father came for a preview of my film and it was such a special moment for me when he hugged me and said, " I am proud of what you have done with yourself.". And I am so excited that the film was dubbed in Hindi and being released in Mumbai.

She continues excitedly, "When I signed the film, I knew it was big. With the super combination of Rajni Sir (Rajnikanth) A.R.Rahman and Shankar (Director) everything in the film was larger than life. But I never knew that it would be so big a phenomenon and make such an impact."

And she credits her effortless performance to her director Shankar. "Working with him was like going back to acting school. He is a very demanding director but at the same time he gives a lot of freedom to his actors to perform and interpret the scenes in their own way. One thing he insists on is rehearsals. He teaches you so much. You also learn discipline. He has a passion for doing something unusual. He can visualize what he wants and turn his dreams into reality."

"Cinema is changing now. You can do substantial roles even when you re 30,"she states. "Look at Sarika she has made a great comeback in Paarzania. Infact, everyone is becoming more professional with heroes doing just one or two films at a time.It is a change for the good" she opines. For the uninitiated, Shreya played the lead opposite Aftab Shivdasani in a Hindi film titled "Shukriya" and   a couple of  others but they failed to click and she swooped looking for greener pastures down south. And though her re-entry into hindi cinema with "Awaarapan" opposite Emraan Hashmi has defnitely grabbed eyrballs,the length of her role was woefully small.

"I am selfish. I am never satisfied. I am always seeking bigger roles, bigger set-ups. I don't want to reach a point where I say, " this is my best." It is hard for me to be satisfied with myself. But on the other hand, I also realize that you have to be happy with what you get and I am happy with my character in Awaarapan."
"It was a very special role for me. People have appreciated my role in the film.Also Awaarapan gave me the pleasure of working with a fine director."

Find out more interesting photos & videos of Shreya Saran at below links:

No comments:

Post a Comment